Start a club
Why start a club?
Gymnastics is the foundation of all sport and recreation activities. Not only will your club add to the health and well being of the community but you will have a great time too. Gymnastics clubs can be set up as a business or a not for profit organisation. There are many different ways of operating a club however they can all be difficult to do on your own. Gymnastics Victoria provides support for all clubs big and small and will help you achieve your club's goals.
Starting your own club and becoming affiliated with Gymnastics Victoria is a great way to develop your community. Whether you are an individual, group of parents or a business operator we are here to help you succeed.
Below are some documents to help you get started:
Considerations before starting a club
New Club set up Checklist
2020 Affiliation Standards
Affiliation with Gymnastics Victoria is a standardised process for all clubs:
1. Read through Affiliation requirements and discuss with GV if you need support to meet these standards
2. Receive an email from Gymnastics Victoria with a link to the affiliation form
3. Complete as much of the affiliation form as possible; where items do not apply please put N/A
4. GV Club Development personnel to visit venue and meet with Club
5. GV Club Development Manager makes recommendation to the CEO on the club’s affiliation
6. If a club is successful the club will be notified and the club will be invoiced for the affiliation fee
7. Club works with GV through on-boarding process
8. $272.50 first year affiliation fee invoice sent (and insurance if requested) click here for 2020 Fee Structure
Maximising Space and Gymnastics Design Checklist
This questionnaire is designed to help you review your gym, generate some ideas and decide if your current design is meeting your club’s values, vision and capacity. The form provides, hints, tips, guides and spreadsheets to help you.
For more information and to arrange an appointment on how becoming a Gymnastics Victoria Club can boost your club please contact the General Manager of Club Development Rachel Clerck on 9005 4700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.