Prepare Your COVIDSafe Plan
The COVIDSafe Plan has been developed to support businesses to safely reopen, maintain a COVIDSafe workplace, and prepare for a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the workplace.
In order to be compliant with public health direction:
- All businesses in both metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria must complete a COVIDSafe Plan.
- This COVIDSafe Plan should be developed in consultation with workers and any relevant Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs).
- In addition to completing this COVIDSafe Plan, you are still required to meet your obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.
- You must comply with a request to present or modify your COVIDSafe Plan, if directed to do so by an Authorised Officer or WorkSafe Inspector.
- In addition to the general restrictions for all businesses, some industries require additional obligations due to a higher transmission risk.
If you are in a high-risk industry, you are required to complete a 'High Risk COVIDSafe Plan'. Further information can be found at vic.gov.au.
As part of a spot check by Victoria Police or other authorities, venues/facilities must be able to demonstrate that they have an adequate COVIDSafe plan.
Your COVIDSafe Plan must demonstrate:
- Your actions to help prevent the introduction of coronavirus (COVID-19) to your workplace
- The type of face mask or personal protective equipment (PPE) required for your workforce
- How you will prepare for, and respond to, a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace
- How you will meet all the requirements set out by the Victorian Government. Some higher-risk industries or workplaces have additional requirements of employers and employees.
How to develop your COVIDSafe Plan
COVIDSafe Plan Template
Compliance and Enforcement
Venue Action Plan
COVIDSafe Event Plan
Example Plans and Checklists