Club Support Webinar 8 - Sport Australia's Return to Sport Toolkit
The new Sport Australia Return to Sport Toolkit is based on and builds on the National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and Recreational Activities and the AIS Guidelines for Rebooting Sport and take it a step further. The toolkit provides practical and simply resources that any club can use to ensure they have covered off all the basis from a National Perspective.
In this webinar, we were joined by Sport Australia's Acting CEO Rob Dalton talked through the development of this toolkit
and outlined the top four things (see below) he believes gymnastics clubs need to consider before opening their doors.
Rob Dalton’s top 4 take-aways:
1. To make sure you have all your volunteer schedules organised. Having your rosters and scheduling right
2. Exit and Entry principles right
4. Venue set-up
Following Rob, we were joined by Steven Campbell from Gymnastics Queensland, who talked through some of the challenges that clubs need to overcome prior to opening. Like Rob, Steven outlined his top three challenges which included:
1. Clubs take the time to consider all the risk that might present when they open and make sure they have done all they can to mitigate these risk
2. Educating and communicating with staff and stakeholders
3. Consider the viability of opening
Finally, we were joined by Megan Moss from Gungahlin Gymnastics Club in ACT who talked through the development of the Return to Play in a Covid Safe Environment Plan.
You can view the full webinar below.