Victorian Government Restriction Updates - November 2021
Tuesday 23 November
It was so pleasing to hear about the significant easing of restrictions in Victoria as a consequence of reaching the 90% fully vaccinated milestone. Such strong community vaccination rates mean very few restrictions are in place for gymnastics club activity.
However, the responsibility of venues to sight the vaccination status of patrons did change.
This was in line with Victoria’s Roadmap to Deliver the National Plan within Phase D when 90% of Victorians are fully vaccinated from the age of 12+ years.
Gymnastics Victoria can confirm that the vaccination requirements apply from the age of 12 and 2 months unless a medical exemption applies.
We have used several real scenarios to express directly to the Victorian government how challenging this is for clubs to manage.
These links are important references if you experience a confirmed case.
Confirmed case in the workplace
COVID Checklist – cases and contacts
The GV team has been assisting many across the gymnastics community with advice and support through this change in process or if COVID presents itself in your community.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Gymnastics Victoria team on 9005 4700 or at [email protected].
Thursday 18 November
Gymnastics clubs across Victoria carry an exceptional reputation for the quality delivery of services in teaching gymnastics and leading foundation movement skills across the state. It is so pleasing to recognise that same level of attention to detail is also being applied to adhering to COVID protocols.
Today, the Premier announced further statewide easing of restrictions.
With Victoria set to hit the 90 per cent double dose milestone for eligible people in the coming days, the Acting Chief Health Officer has determined that almost all remaining restrictions in Victoria will ease from 11:59pm tonight – reaching Phase D of the National Plan.
Relevant information for the Victorian gymnastics community includes:
1. No density limits.
• If you are fully vaccinated, you can attend sporting and recreation facilities
(e.g. sports grounds, gyms and swimming pools) and sporting events.
• If you don’t meet the vaccination requirements, you can’t enter.
2. Age for vaccinations requirements.
• Vaccination requirements will apply from the age of 12 and 2 months unless a medical exemption applies.
• This is a notable shift from existing club practice requiring vaccination registrations to be presented from the age of 16 plus.
The team at GV recognises this a significant change in process. We have asserted to DHHS the multiple challenges this presents at short notice for clubs and are seeking further advice.
• Masks are required indoors only in limited settings including retail, health care, aged care and justice facilities, at primary schools and on public transport/taxis/rideshare. We recommend wearing a mask if you can’t physically distance, if you have any symptoms, or if you are with people who may be vulnerable to COVID-19.
4. Workplace plans
• All workplaces must have a COVIDSafe Plan and keep records of everyone attending using the Service Victoria app. Further information on checking vaccination status can be found here.
• Workplaces must also regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces;
• Display signage in public spaces providing information about check-in, vaccination requirements and where relevant, mask requirements.
This information can be found here.
The team at Gymnastics Victoria will continue to bring you more information specific to gymnastics as it becomes available.
If you have any questions or need support, please do not hesitate to contact the Gymnastics Victoria team on 9005 4700 or at [email protected]