Clubs are required to enter appropriately qualified judges for all events they enter. To qualify to judge at a Gymstar event, judges must attend a Gymstar Judging course. MAG and WAG Judges may be eligible for exemptions from completing the Gymstar Judging Course - to apply for an exemption please contact Dwight on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clubs are expected to provide judges in the following ratio:
Meet & Challenge sessions
1 judge for 1-15 gymnasts & 2 judges for 16 and above.
1 judge for 1 – 10 gymnasts, 2 judges for 11 – 20 and 3 judges for 20 and above.
1 judge for 1 – 10 gymnasts and 2 judges for 11 and above.
No gymnastics experience is necessary and even those without a gymnastics background that are interested in judging are also encouraged to attend.
Gymstar also offers workshops for judges who wish to judge at events with levels 1-4 and a second course for levels 5+.
*Anybody who has completed a Gymstar judging course and been deemed competent prior to 2018, does not have to retake the course.
Gymstar Judges Courses
Sunday 17th June 10:30am till 4:30pm
EKGA - Airport West
No spaces Available
Child Safety and Working With Children Check
It is Gymnastics Victoria policy and a legal standard to sight a current, valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) or Victorian Institute of Teachers (VIT) card from all coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers at all Gymnastics Victoria competitions.
At all Gymnastics Victoria events:
- All coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers are required to present themselves to an authorised person with their current and valid WWCC or VIT card (and photo ID) and complete the sign in sheet per day of competition prior to access to the field of play;
- It is a requirement for coaches and judges to include their Technical Membership number (Judges at Gymstar may not have a Technical ID number in 2018) when signing in;
- Coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers must be easily identifiable on the field of play by means of either a wrist band or stamp to ensure they have presented their WWCC or VIT; and
- WWCC and VIT cards must be presented visually. A number alone is not sufficient, however a clear photograph of the card (on a mobile phone or similar) will satisfy the requirement. Persons under 18 are not required to have a WWCC, however it is highly recommended;
- Personnel required to present their WWCC are encouraged to take an image of the front and back of their card in case of misplacing/lost WWCC card.
Coaches, judges, officials, vendors and volunteers unable to provide a current and valid WWCC or VIT card at all 2018 GV Events or other events will NOT be permitted access to the field of play or to continue in their role at the event, and will NOT be eligible to receive updating points or a judge honorarium.
Coaches and Judges must sign in with their current and valid WWCC or VIT card and their current Technical Membership number in order to receive updating points and payment (where required). Where a person has not included this information on the sign in sheet, they will not receive updating points or payment.