Gymnastics Victoria are proud of having so many talented athletes across the State. We will be featuring Athlete of the Month profiles – you can nominate an athlete to be featured by clicking here.
The Gymnastics Victoria Athlete of the Month is Alex from CYC Gymnastics.
Since starting as a trampoline gymnast at CYC in 2016, Alex has shown great potential, but it's his work ethic and commitment to the sport and all it's challenges that has shown in his recent results on a national level. Alex has shown marked improvement over the last few years and it is being noticed and recognised. Alex has recently been named on his first Australian team for both Individual Trampoline, Synchronised Trampoline and Double-Mini Trampoline. He also was named Australia's top overall trampoline gymnastics athlete after his results at the 2019 National Clubs Carnival!
Alex is dedicated, passionate about trampolining, a hard worker, a positive person to have in the gym, a team player, and a great role model for our up and coming gymnasts. He is developing into an amazing high performance athlete, not only on the trampoline, but off the trampoline as well.
Alex has been successful this year by achieving the following results:
- Victorian Junior U22 DMT State Champion
- Member of the winning Victorian Men's DMT team event at the Australian Championships
- Finalist Junior U22 Trampoline at the Australian Championships 2019
- Finalist Junior U22 Trampoline at 2019 National Clubs Carnival
- 1st place Junior U22 Double-Mini Trampoline 2019 National Clubs Carnival
- Ranked the top overall Trampoline Gymnast in Australia (2019 National Clubs Carnival)
- Named on the 2019 World Age Championships Australian Team competing in Tokyo, early December 2019. Individual Trampoline, Synchronised Trampoline and Double-Mini Trampoline.
Alex is also a tumbling coach at CYC and an Intermediate Judge who judges at our state competitions and for CYC at the National Clubs Carnival 2019.
Well done Alex!