Gymnastics Victoria are proud of having so many fantastic clubs across the State. We will be featuring Club of the Month profiles – you can nominate a Club to be featured by clicking here.
Casey Gymnastics Club are going from strength to strength in 2018 with their venues in both Berwick and Endeavour Hills. The Casey Gymnastics coaching staff should be commended for their commitment to creative an inclusive club environment which welcomes people of all ages and abilities to participate in the sport of Gymnastics.
Casey Gymnastics offers a range of inclusive and accessible classes, including Kinder Gym, Adult Gymnastics, Gym Star, Special Olympics Gymnastics and all abilities classes for children with a disability. They are also currently providing a gymnastics program to the Officer Specialist School through their Special Olympics program.
In the past 6 months, Casey Gymnastics have:
- Had their Special Olympics Gymnastics team participate in the National Games in Adelaide and the State games in Melbourne
- Run an all-abilities Open Day which attracted over 100 families with children who have a disability
- Participated in Disability Sport & Recreation's Hospital Visit Program at the Royal Children's Hospital
- Participated in the "We Are. We Can. We Will" Launch event at Casey Stadium, promoting the participation of women in sport
- Participated in the All Abilities Sports Day for the Sandown Cobra's Football and Netball club
The Casey Gymnastics Special Olympics Gymnastics Team were also recently the recipients of the Carbine Club Team of the Year award at the 2018 Disability Sport & Recreation Awards.