A High Performance Model for Victoria
Gymnastics Victoria will be holding a number of gymnastics community feedback sessions regarding the development of a High Performance Model in Victoria. They will be focused on Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG), Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (MAG) and Trampoline Gymnastics (TRP) - the gymsports listed in the Gymnastics Australia High Performance review
These sessions are for anyone in the Victorian gymnastics community including athletes, parents, coaches, judges, administrators, club committee members and club owners / general managers.
The sessions available are:
Tuesday 10th October, 7.00pm-9.00pm at Melbourne Polytechnic, Prahran (room E206)
Wednesday 11th October, 12.15pm-2.00pm (dial in phone conference for people in regional areas)
Thursday 12th October, 11.00am-1.00pm at Melbourne Polytechnic, Prahran (room E206)
Bookings are essential by clicking here.
For those that book in further pre-reading will be sent prior to the session.
See below for key dates in the process:
– Gymnastics Australia appointed Suiko Consulting to conduct a review of HP in Australia for the Gymsports of WAG, MAG and TRP – over 350 people consulted, surveys completed, review of overseas programs and analysis conducted
• 23 March 2017
– Report released by GA releases to the community and is available here
• May 2017
– GV Board establishes the GV HP Working Group and appoints consultant Martin Sheppard to assist with facilitation of a model for Victoria
• August 2017
– A series of focus group sessions and one on one sessions held with members of the gymnastics community including athletes, coaches, administrators, Gymnastics Australia and other stakeholders
• Week commencing Monday 9th October
– Gymnastics ‘All of community feedback sessions’ held to present the final draft of the model and gain further feedback
• Week commencing Monday 6th November
– Model finalised and approved by the GV Board
• By end of 2017
– Model announced to Gymnastics community
• In early 2018
– ongoing information sessions with community to present model
When the model is finalised it is expected that some parts of the model will be able to be implemented immediately and others may take a number of years.
If you have any queries regarding the sessions please contact the Gymnastics Victoria office on email@example.com
or (03) 9005 4700.