Start a club
Why start a club?
Gymnastics is the foundation of all sport and recreation activities. Not only will your club add to the health and well being of the community but you will have a great time too. Gymnastics clubs can be set up as a business or a not for profit organisation. There are many different ways of operating a club however they can all be difficult to do on your own. Gymnastics Victoria provides support for all clubs big and small and will help you achieve your club's goals.
Starting your own club and becoming affiliated with Gymnastics Victoria is a great way to develop your community. Whether you are an individual, group of parents or a business operator we are here to help you succeed.
For more information and to arrange an appointment on how becoming a Gymnastics Victoria Club can boost your club please contact Club Development Manager Rachel Clerck on 9005 4700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reaffiliation for 2018 will be completed via the GOL system in the new year. You can find further information regarding this process on Gymnastics Australia's support page here.
To affiliate a new club in 2018 please contact Rachel on 9005 4700 or email email@example.com or complete the form here.
To change your insurance arrangements after having completed an affiliation / re-affiliation form, please complete this form here.
Affiliating your club with Gymnastics Victoria provides substantial benefits for all areas of your club:
- Individual Club Development Plans developed in partnership with you to ensure your club will prosper
- A designated Club Relationship Manager for your club to provide personalised service and support
- Inclusion resources and expert advice
- Advice and support regarding insurance, incorporation, developing facilities, sponsorship, liaison with councils and stakeholders
- Letters of Support and assistance for accessing funding
- Benefit from GV funded projects and Government funding
- Host coaching workshops at your club
- Coach and Judge education courses
- Ongoing coach education to continue the development of coaches to ensure they are delivering programs at a best practice standard
- Judging courses
- Business and club development workshops
- Affiliation with National and State body
- Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) and Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA) licences. These licences allow you to play and use recorded music at your club
- Voting rights and attendance at AGM
- Gymnastics Australia’s (GA)online data base to register and record participants
- Public Liability Insurance including Directors cover for clubs and Professional Indemnity Insurance for coaches and officials
- Personal Accident cover for members & voluntary workers
- HR support through HR plus
- Business support through 3rd Level Consulting
- Eligibility to participate in State Championships and other State Events
- Eligibility to participate in Level Award Tests / NLP (Trampoline Sports)
- Eligibility to host events
- Co-present state events
- Professional development and volunteer opportunities at state and national events
- Eligibility to represent Victoria at National and International Competitions
- Talent Identification programs providing pathways for gymnasts
- Information and clarification of issues from Sports Technical Committees
- Provision of training and competition facilities
- Ongoing technical information to ensure your club, coaches and officials are up to date with changes with in the sport
- Promotion on the GV and GA websites
- Your club featuring in the ‘Club Search’ function on both websites
- Referral to your club from telephone calls made to GV
- Use of GV logos
- Marketing and promotion materials